Simultaneous tapping Virtual gamepad example (SOLVED)

Hmm, I thought I had updated it to support multi touch. Can you share a link to the example?

Please confirm that something like this works on your device with multitouch https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the511plus.MultiTouchTester&hl=en_US

I downloaded here

I watched this source (it uses the same virtual gamepad example)

and in the source of the same bug

I have no problems with multitouch

Multitouch works on Android/iOS build, but does not work in html5. Where are you testing?

I believe @AGulev looked into this. Alexey, did you do any work on multitouch for HTML5?

maybe I do not explain correctly

multitouch works, but if i tap two points on the screen at the same time then there is a bug
https://forum.defold.com/uploads/default/original/3X/0/f/0fe36b953ddd1b66c62e5c8ed8bf386d89c67f20.mp4 https://forum.defold.com/uploads/default/original/3X/3/6/36590ba8508f84247b1a0b68c31284033b9a5fb7.mp4 look at the touch points

I tried to check if the stick was released and when I saw the bug, then only one touch point was released (one message is released)
This only happens when the tap was at the same time. But I want to use it in my project.

Not really. I have it in my backlog for exploration day (not sure that it is possible to finish in exploration day. @sven knows input system better and could estimate this issue more accurate, I think).

As I understand, you are testing it in native (not html5) bundle?

I use apk on my android device

1 Like

I found a problem in my example. I’ve pushed an update. @shadowmaikda, please try it again.

3 Likes

I also “productified” the on-screen controls into a reusable module:

With example:

3 Likes

Solved in 1.2.164

hello everyone,

i am still running into the same problem, multiple taps make the analog or buttons hang or “get stuck” … am using defold 1.2.166 (got version from “help” menu -> about), onscreen.lua module from the current defold-input master, and the example scripts.

also, sometimes the buttons or analog stick react for about 2 to 3 seconds and then trigger a released although i am still holding the button and or stick … happens on laptop, tablet and phone.

are there any posts or updates i missed ?

Hmm, how many fingers are touching on screen at the same time?

Haven’t heard of this before. Can you try to narrow down some solid steps to reproduce this issue?

2 fingers … its 1 analog and 2 buttons, simple shooter, analog to turn ship and a button each for thrust and shooting

this happens randomly when app starts up on phone … i start the app, hit and hold the fire button but the shots for example stop after a few seconds … then when i release the button and press it again,ship shoots for a few seconds and stops again. same with the analog button. i close the app on the phone, restart it and all works exept the hanging thingy

thanks for the fast reply and the effort to help

So I can get this to happen using the example project on a phone?

Does it happen on a laptop as well? Windows, macOS or Linux?

yes. i downloaded defold-input from here, https://github.com/britzl/defold-input , opened it in the editor,bundled it for android and on both, tablet (android version 4.4.2 i know!) and on phone (android version 8.1.0) it can be reproduced by: open app, tap onscreen button, tap and don’t release the fire button, now move analog up, keep up and release fire button … now release analog and it is stuck.

no touch on laptop, i can’t reproduce the stuck issue, and so far the buttons or the stick don’t do that thing where they release after a few seconds although they are pressed …
laptop is running linux

Thank you for the bug report. I found the problem and have released a new version:

1 Like

very welcome and thank you for fixing it. i am going to check it out right now :slight_smile:

edit:
i tried and tried to get it stuck but i couldn’t … works like a charm.
one thing i noticed though is that the analog follows the mouse on the smallest movement on the laptop but on android you tap and then have to move your finger over the analog image boundaries for it to actually start reacting. it “jumps” from resting position to where your finger is and then starts following correctly.

edit2:
the issue where the buttons and analog release (stop working, ie. buttons depress and analog goes to resting position) after a second or so is still happening on android. it’s always the same duration.

1 Like