Setting up Dev Communities

Hi guys. So I was looking at Spawning Enthusiastic Communities for Defold Engine back here in Africa for the Defold Engine. Although I am also a godot developer so these 2 will run side by side. In the context of Defold though, are there some resources you guys have that can help guide such initiatives? And are there any support structures to help with such initiatives? Or do folks just drive these initiatives on their own?

The largest communities of Defold developers that I know of outside of the Defold forum is the unofficial Defold Discord channel and the Russian speaking Defold community on Telegram. Both of these communities have either come together because of their common language and already established online tools for communities.

From the Defold Foundation’s perspective we’d love to support local communities any way we can. We can make ourselves available for online meetups, Q&As and perhaps also trainings.

We can also collaborate with local corporations that wants to participate in social outreach projects or CSR programs. We need a local liaison to make introductions and help things along in the beginning.

Example: We collaborated with telco operator Umniah to host a Defold training and game jam in Jordan a few years ago. It was great opportunity for Umniah to reach out to local talent.

4 Likes

Wondeful. This is great. I will keep this in mind. While I build the communities is there any way to contact folks at Defold for important matters? What is a great communication channel for that?

Sure, email me at bjorn@defold.se

1 Like