Screenfade stencil example error

Hey there, I downloaded the screenfade stencil example by @JCash (here: GitHub - JCash/stencilfade: A demo of screen fades using stencil buffer), and something is wrong. Every time I try to open a collection (or the quad.model), I get some editor errors (a lot of java.lang.nullpointerexceptions).
Log:
editor2.2024-03-13.zip (8.0 KB)

probably some value fix idk

Defold: 1.7.0

I’ve received the same errors with this project and made a bug report on github.

I cannot reproduce on macOS. I’ll test on Windows tomorrow.

3 Likes

So I tried to open the project on an old macbook pro (Big Sur) and got the same problem. So after a few minutes walking on unknown territory of render, materials and so on. Changing a few values here and there not knowing what I was doing haha I set a default value for the offset (it was empty on screenfade.material, fragment constants) of 0 0 0 0 and it worked! Now I can open the main.collection and the quad.model

note: the project still doesn’t work properly on Windows. Something with the GUI. I will take a look and edit here. Also first I tried to set the offset as 1 1 1 1 and the error was gone but the fade wasn’t working. Set to 0 0 0 0 solved that.

It runs fine on the macbook

1 Like