Rendercam - rotating the camera upside down (SOLVED)

Hello guys,

I’m not sure how to tackle this upside down problem. so I said I should ask for advice…

So far I managed to switch the gravity to push my characters up instead of down. It’s not going to work for me if I rotate the tilemap and the obvious choice is the rendercam.

Has anyone faced this problem? is it possible? is there a function I can use? and how?

Any pointer is welcomed. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Riad

0 Likes

Can’t you rotate the game object the camera is attached to?

1 Like

Hello Britzl,

I thought it would work but to my surprise it didn’t! I’ve tried it only on the properties for test, I ran my game and didn’t rotate (I tried different values of course). I’ve put a snapshot enclosed so you can see if I’m doing it correctly…

This kind of matter, isn’t it related to the render script too?

Regards
Riad

0 Likes

But you are using the renderscript that comes with RenderCam aren’t you?

It could be that RenderCam actually ignores rotation?

In my Orthographic camera library I support camera rotation so I’m sure it’s possible with RenderCam as well. @ross.grams?

1 Like

It should be just fine with any rotation. What rotation is (25, 25, 25) supposed to match? If you have a normal 2D scene and you just want to flip it upside down, you would just rotate it 180 degrees around the Z axis.

1 Like

Hello,

Before, I tried every possible combination… including (0,0,90). I tried again with (0,0,180) on camera go and it didn’t work. Since I’m using cam.follow function, I tried it on my following go as you can see enclosed. Still nothing…

I will start a debug session and see… I will let you know of course.

Regards
Riad

0 Likes

Huh, OK. And what happens, you just see blackness?

If you can zip up the project and send it, I will check it out. Otherwise I’ll try to do a test on my own and see I can reproduce any issues.

1 Like

I found the issue. it’s fixed but I discovered something weird in the process!

It DOES work when I use the command: go.set(“camera”, “euler.z”, 180)

But, it DOES NOT work when I modified the euler (0,0,180) from the properties in the outline! like in the picture below

Is it normal to behave like so?

Regards
Riad

1 Like

I troubleshooted the last point (properties), I think it’s just parenting issue…

I rest my case :slight_smile: the camera rotation is working as it should be.

Thank you Ross.grams and Britzl for the help

1 Like

Cool, glad you figured it out. I did a quick test with an empty project and rotation seemed to work fine, but you never know if some weird combination of factors will break things.

0 Likes