Rendercam - rotating the camera upside down (SOLVED)

Hello guys,

I’m not sure how to tackle this upside down problem. so I said I should ask for advice…

So far I managed to switch the gravity to push my characters up instead of down. It’s not going to work for me if I rotate the tilemap and the obvious choice is the rendercam.

Has anyone faced this problem? is it possible? is there a function I can use? and how?

Any pointer is welcomed. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Riad

Can’t you rotate the game object the camera is attached to?

1 Like

Hello Britzl,

I thought it would work but to my surprise it didn’t! I’ve tried it only on the properties for test, I ran my game and didn’t rotate (I tried different values of course). I’ve put a snapshot enclosed so you can see if I’m doing it correctly…

This kind of matter, isn’t it related to the render script too?

Regards
Riad

But you are using the renderscript that comes with RenderCam aren’t you?

It could be that RenderCam actually ignores rotation?

In my Orthographic camera library I support camera rotation so I’m sure it’s possible with RenderCam as well. @ross.grams?

1 Like

It should be just fine with any rotation. What rotation is (25, 25, 25) supposed to match? If you have a normal 2D scene and you just want to flip it upside down, you would just rotate it 180 degrees around the Z axis.

1 Like

Hello,

Before, I tried every possible combination… including (0,0,90). I tried again with (0,0,180) on camera go and it didn’t work. Since I’m using cam.follow function, I tried it on my following go as you can see enclosed. Still nothing…

I will start a debug session and see… I will let you know of course.

Regards
Riad

Huh, OK. And what happens, you just see blackness?

If you can zip up the project and send it, I will check it out. Otherwise I’ll try to do a test on my own and see I can reproduce any issues.

1 Like

I found the issue. it’s fixed but I discovered something weird in the process!

It DOES work when I use the command: go.set(“camera”, “euler.z”, 180)

But, it DOES NOT work when I modified the euler (0,0,180) from the properties in the outline! like in the picture below

Is it normal to behave like so?

Regards
Riad

1 Like

I troubleshooted the last point (properties), I think it’s just parenting issue…

I rest my case :slight_smile: the camera rotation is working as it should be.

Thank you Ross.grams and Britzl for the help

1 Like

Cool, glad you figured it out. I did a quick test with an empty project and rotation seemed to work fine, but you never know if some weird combination of factors will break things.

I’m was having the same issue. One thing I’ve noticed is the fov on the camera script is set to -1. Is it supposed to be that?

My work around was to negate my in scene camera’s fov as well.