Questions before beginning the journey of Defold Engine

Hi everyone,
I came to Defold few years back but I had to went back away empty handed, because of engine license & lack of admob support. Now situation seems to have changed but still I want to ask few questions (I have already read many posts but none was similar to mine)
1.) I have heard somewhere that Apple raised issue for Defold projects because of lua script encryption (something like that). Can someone shed more light on it? What is the status now?
2.) How update works? Will I have to download new release everytime or there is an “update button” which updates the engine ?
3.) Admob is very important for me. Earlier there was third party support for admob hence I went back (I hate reliance on 3rd party sources). Now it seems that Defold now itself maintain & provide admob feature. Is it true?

Thanks in advance
Cascade Games

Welcome back!

To quickly answer your questions:

1 - Not sure how it got solved. I think it was an overzealous reviewer. @britzl might have more information since he was in contact with the people at Apple

2- Yes, the editor will show an Update Available button for you

3- Correct!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply ! Defold community is awesome :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Yes, see these tweets:

And the full forum thread:

2 Likes

So I hope I can work on my iOS projects without any worries?
BTW thanks for the reply

The best thing which I liked is that Defold team backed the developer who was facing the issue :heart:

3 Likes

Yes, absolutely!

1 Like

Thanks a lot :heart: