Publishing to AppStore from Windows?

Hello!

Is it even possible to publish a game to Apple AppStore using Windows? Or do I have to have macOS and some software (XCode i guess)

I’m asking because i CAN enroll in apple developer program and pay for it from my windows laptop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can rent a Mac in the cloud for pretty cheap.

Sure, it’s not a problem.

The question is it (publishing to appstore) possible without mac at all?

You need access to a Mac to do the publishing as you need to use tools which run on Mac to do the uploading.

About XCode - no, you don’t use (in Mac OSX) anything but Defold to create the iOS version of your app. Defold (on Mac) build directly the iOS bundle - than then you must simply upload using the specific Apple Uploader app. You need also your provision profile and your certificate on that Mac OS machine but it’s really straightforward (not like RenPy for instance where the engine build an XCode Projects that you have to build - a legitimate choice of course, but if you just want to have your .ipa Defold is a lot easier to use)

1 Like

Just wanted to add on to this, assuming you do get a mac, what would the process be for moving files from windows to Mac? Is there any suggested ways of doing it? Thanks

Can you be more specific? If you use version control like Github you can just pull from there, and building/bundling on your Mac should just work. If there are problems you can ask about them here.

1 Like

more or less that I don’t exactly get how to do version control on github with defold; if you have any links or can explain it that’d be great, thanks :slight_smile:

Create an account on Github. Make a repo. Private repos are free. Use https://desktop.github.com/ to sync it. Super easy. Don’t use Defold for version control, but if the project is in the root of the repo you’ll see files that are changed. You can find tutorials on using Github Desktop on YT. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=github+desktop+tutorial

4 Likes