Problem with Spine model in different platform builds (DEF-3211) (SOLVED)

Hi.

I create simple spine model in DragonBones, export as spine3.3 and added to empty test project. Build by Ctrl+B is good (windows platform) - model displayed correctly, all textures present, animation played, ik_constant working.

Screenshot_1

But next i create html5 build (and next win64 + win32 with and without RELEASE option) and result absolutely different.

Screenshot_2

Model works as before but all textures looks corrupted.
What i am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Ok i see other post on forum and going reexport model as 2.1 spine …
But why model correctly displayed by Ctrl + B ?

Ok, i am reexport model as spine 2.1 format. Absolutely nothing changed.
See demo here https://realstudent.github.io/index.html

@sicher wrote in other topic

But why model correctly displayed in editor after build by Ctrl+B ?

My environment: win 7 x64, Editor2, DragonBones 5.6.

Weird. Would you mind sharing a project that has this problem with us so we can debug?

Thx, yes, what is you email?

mikael.saker at king dot com.

Minimal stub project
https://www.defold.com/dashboard/projects/103994/team

Thx.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m getting the same error here. Filing an error report.

1 Like

Also i commit file SoldierSpine.json - this is reexported project exectly from Spine. With it error is not reproduced.

Cool. Bug reported. DEF-3211

1 Like

Please please please help with this bug, i hope that the native builds will work just as well as in the editor itself on DragonBones exported files.

Thank King team.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, took a quick look at this today. Think I found the issue, but I won’t have time to create a fix for todays beta. However, might have a workaround for you in the mean time.

In the exported JSON spine file, change any occurrence of “mesh” into “weightedmesh”. Then it seemed to behave correctly in both editors (and should work when bundled as well). :slight_smile:

I’ll try to make a proper fix for this ASAP, but for now try the workaround and let me know if it works for you!

4 Likes

Hi.

Thank you for the investigation! Yes, this workaround works fine!
All is good in Editor2 and win64 and html5 builds!

3 Likes

Solved in Defold 1.2.136

2 Likes