Problem with Liveupdate

Hi everyone! In my html5-game I have 2 collections - one for menu and one for playscreen. I want to load playscreen collection when player press the PLAY button from menu (i.e. separately from main game loading process). I’m trying to use liveupdate for that. After successfull bundling, uploading bundle to my server, launching the game from browser and pressing PLAY button I see an error in browser console (screenshot in attachments). That is the problem, please help me to solve it.

There are no error messages from liveupdate (such as “failed to download”), all 141 resource files downloaded successfully. Also I didn’t see any problems or errors when using bundle without liveupdate - all gameobjects and collections are in their places and playscreen loads successfully.

Defold version 1.4.1

Hmm, have you stopped both the downloaded and updated manifest and files AND done a sys.reboot() before trying to load the collection?

I can’t understand what it’s about. I haven’t seen anything like it in liveupdate documentation. Can you please describe it in more detail - what should I do?

PS. I saw the issue - https://github.com/defold/defold/issues/7239
Could it be related to my case?

You didn’t really answer my question but I take it that you are only downloading excluded content? Not changing content which requires a manifest update?

Can you easily reproduce the problem? In a small project that you can share?

Perhaps. Since both are reported for HTML5 I also must ask if you are getting the same problem or not in a desktop build? Or is it only in HTML5? If it only happens in HTML5 builds then perhaps it is a caching issue in the browser?

1 Like