Play Protect Issue in APK (SOLVED)

I just wondering, why this happend, because its not happend before, i was bundling the project into apk, when ill try in my own device (os 7.1) its installed and run, but in another device (os 7.1.2), google try to detect about play protect, wondering why, anyone know? And how make it safe, except to off the play protect itself.
Thx

1 Like

What do you mean happens on the other device? It doesn’t allow you to install the app? Have you enabled installation of APKs from 3rd party sources?

1 Like

Here what my friend sent, its just installing apk but blocked with that, i just wonder why, because before its not happend

1 Like

No idea why it happens. The apk you sent is signed with your certificate and key and for some reason it gives this warning. The only reasonable and safe way to install apps is from the official Google Play store. You should upload your app there, and share a beta version with your friend instead of passing around an APK like that.

1 Like

After some testing and got this post: https://support.google.com/googleplay/forum/AAAA8CVOtD8jXw02Oqg0Wc/?hl=en
Maybe its just release and development issue, until its coming out in playstore, i think it doesn’t matter. I fill some data in pk8 and certificate with openssl. But when i used to be random (unfill the certificate) and do bundling, play protect is not block the app again.

Thanks for reply.

This is a normal popup for non-play store installed apks.

1 Like