Pixel font issue

I’ve been doing other things for a while - and in these last few days I was checking some of my latest projects with the new defold engine - and I’ve discovered that now - in pixel based projects (with “nearest” I mean) while everything else is as expected, fonts are rendered in a blurry way.
I’ve checked lowrez template - but I cannot understand what’s the key difference now from the rendering used also here https://github.com/britzl/lowrezinvaders (I use a modified version of that)
I mean - in that project there’s a double rendering mode - while I want just the pixel one - and even setting for “text” or “gui” the same color_params depth_params and stencil_params used for lowrez I cannot get what I want

I’m sorry for bothering for a thing that’s not a bug (but a legit change I guess) but I’d be glad if someone can help me

Thanks in advance

(ah - if my request is not clear - just open lowrezinvaders with an updated Defold and run it)

I’m not able to check the specifics right now regarding that project, but what I do know is that in the next release we’ll change so that bitmap fonts will use the graphics filtering mode specified in game.project so that you don’t need a custom material.

4 Likes

ok - good to know - thanks .-)