Out of tiles to render in war battles tutorial (SOLVED)

In this tutorial we have 720X720 display size, tiles are 16X16 and max tile count is set to 2048, i draw 45X45 cells, it means 2025 which is less than 2048, but it gives me error “out of tiles to render” and can’t render upper right cornet tiles, why?
Thanks

I think it is all layers that also add up. So not really sure what the number should be. But change the number in tile map in game.project will solve it.

Was going to make a PR on it but forgot about it.

1 Like

It’s just one Layer, It solves if i change max tile count to bigger numbers but I’m strange why should i get error when it’s less than what is set on game.project!

1 Like

It is not per tilemap. It is for the collection. So if you add tilemap to one and then some tanks and then the player object you need to add them up.

https://defold.com/manuals/project-settings/ explains little bit more. I don’t really understand it more than it sum all the things in a collection.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel, I’m not read the link you sent yet but i removed all tiles and i draw again, it’s ok now! I’ll read the link to see what happens. :+1:

I increased the max tile count for the tutorial to 10000 tiles. I also added a note about “Out of tiles to render” in the tutorial readme.

5 Likes