Need help to understand crash

I have a crash in bundle.
Please help me understand what happened.

Exception thrown: InternalError: too much recursion,@file:///C:/Users/d954m/Desktop/js-web/ReflectionSymmetry/dmloader.js line 124 > 
file:///C:/Users/d954m/Desktop/js-web/ReflectionSymmetry/dmloader.js line 124 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[846]:0x20016
@file:///C:/Users/d954m/Desktop/js-web/ReflectionSymmetry/dmloader.js line 124 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[846]:0x20016
@file:///C:/Users/d954m/Desktop/js-web/ReflectionSymmetry/dmloader.js line 124 > WebAssembly.instantiate:wasm-function[846]:0x20016

1)I get that error only in bundle. I do not get that error when run in editor.
2)I generate debug symbols.Found 846 function.
846:dmGameObject::RegisterSubModules\28dmResource::SResourceFactory*\2c\20dmScript::Context*\2c\20dmLuaDDF::LuaModule*\29

What is it RegisterSubModules? Is it a require and i get some cyclic dependency?

dmGameObject::RegisterSubModules() loops over the loaded script modules and registers the children (those that were required by the script).

Seeing the “too much recursion” may very well be a clue, and that we somehow didn’t catch a cyclic dependency when building with either the Editor or Bob.

What Defold version are you using?
I believe @britzl also fixed some stability issues with the Lua require parsing in the 1.2.181 Beta release, so that might be a good idea to test too.

1 Like

Thanks,

2 Likes