Nakama's Defold extension

hi,
I recently start using Defold as a junior developer. Unfortunately there isn’t Nakama client for Defold. After searching and asking from other developers, found that use Nakama’s C++ client as Defold Native Extension.
downloaded Nakama’s C++ client folder structure:

Can you help me to create Defold Native Extension from this?

You could try contacting them and see if they would make an official extension.

“At the moment, we don’t have a compatible Defold client library for Nakama 2. We’ll update the website to reflect this soon.” They said.

1 Like

As I told you before(at your email), I’m working on unofficial Nakama client by using C++ lib. But it is not ready yet.
If you are in rush then you should develop your own extension. Nobody is going to develop this for you. It is not an easy job, especially not for the beginners.
What is the point of sharing the folder structure!? Please start by reading the documentation that you share here: https://www.defold.com/manuals/extensions/ Try to learn first.

2 Likes

I read the documents. The problem is I don’t know is it enough to copy libs and includes folders to my extension folder and write codes in src folder? I grateful if you explain the steps.

You can start by learning and trying those examples:

Nakama client is a quite large project. You should develop the Defold client on your own environment first.

3 Likes

Yay! Thanks to Heroic Labs and @britzl there is now a Nakama server and Defold client set up together and available on Github:

P.S. I think it deserves Asset page as well :wink:

7 Likes