Monkey Mart

Looks like it’s just put in an iframe and not re-hosted. Itch.io did implement some checks for this sort of thing a while back but I guess it doesn’t detect whatever’s been done here.

3 Likes

@AGulev has made this extension already.

3 Likes

That’s good news then. You should open an issue with this link and it should be fixable / you can add some more code to make sure the game will only able to be an iframe embed on itch (check the project I linked above for how). If you need specific help let me know.

To be clear did you use that or just have the check on the HTML naked?

You should talk with Poki technical team and see if you can add extra site lock checks within the game itself in future versions/see if you can update it soon so more people don’t so easily rip it.

I think sitelock protection or something similar is not matter awile the html5 build workable on the localhost domain. The only good protection is to release on GooglePlay before the html5 build is available.

5 Likes

You can detect this and block it it just needs to be enabled in the release builds. You can detect spoofed domains too but requires some extra setup on the server.

I agree about releasing first too, and then aggressively taking down rips if/when they come. At least can make it non-trivial to rip!

Sorry if it’s a silly question, but since there is a bit of a perspective with the camera, I’d like to know if you’re using plain 2D assets or if there are any 3D models involved in this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everything in this game is 2D. there are some images that we generated in 3D at the right angle, then rendered in 2D.

3 Likes

@BunBunBun I’m quite curious about those npc monkeys :slight_smile: They look so simple but I know their logic is not. How did you handle those npc customers, shopkeeps…? Are you using fsm or behavior tree or just if…else? What was the chalanges when you are developing npcs?

Actually, since this game is a success I would like to read a post mortem about it. Maybe @britzl(I know you are so busy) can prepare questions like they did with @Alex_8BitSkull 's Void Scrappers

9 Likes

I like this! @BunBunBun let me know if you’re up for this! I can send over a first batch of questions and you can answer them at your pace.

5 Likes

I’m always curious about the financial side of things on these games. Are you making money? How?

In any case, it’s a fantastic game.

Qualified, experienced, published, Spanish-English translator here :blush: let me know if I can help.

3 Likes

For games like these it’s probably mostly ads. The games have incentives for users to opt in to watching ads to get benefits in game. Many ways to do it. If your core loop is good and the carrot to watch an ad is really good people will farm watching ads like crazy. In current mobile age, adblock is less and less common. Big games can print money.

2 Likes

everything is simple, the implementation is more like a fsm, plus “if…else” also :slight_smile:

Dunno, we can try it of course. I wrote some info in the first my Defold game Raft Wars Multiplayer dev diaries. To be honest, we don’t think we’ve done anything special. We feel too much attention to our game, we didn’t expect. :flushed: Maybe because we think that we have more “challenging” and “difficult to develop” games before, including flash games.

Yes, as @Pkeod said, ads calling from publisher API.

5 Likes

Please do! Like @selimanac and many others too, I would love to read more about the game.

Of course you did something special. It is a wonderful game that deserves every bit of attention - and more.
Might I ask how many people worked on the game?

3 Likes

I’m as a programmer. Awesome art and cute animations made by my brother Stas, both are involved in the game design. music and sfx made by talented Grin Danilov.

6 Likes

I’ve played this game, and I love it! Can I have an embedded code for the game to put on my site? (If that’s ok)

Thanks for the kind words! that’s not available, it’s an exclusive for Poki.

2 Likes

We interviewed Nikita and Stanislav from Tiny Dobbins to learn more about Monkey Mart and their other games:

14 Likes

Really fun and addicting game! Awesome work!!

3 Likes

when is the next update