Media volume on Android (SOLVED)

When using the volume up/down keys on Android, the popup slider defaults to ‘ringtone’ whereas games need it to default to ‘media’. Is there currently a way to set this in code or maybe a project setting?

I’ve tried a number of different Android games, including Blossom Blast Saga and on my phone (HTC One M9) the popup slider is always the same one. I’ve also tried on a Samsung Galaxy and it behaves the same way. Blossom Blast Saga shows the Media slider, just like Clash Royale does. What phone are you trying this on?

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) and Google Nexus 7 (2013) - both show the bell (ringtone) slider by default. Both devices are running Android 6.0.1.

There is a little drop menu where you can select the media slider so it’s not the end of the world, it would just be nice to have it there as default.

Hmm, strange. I wonder what decides which it should be? I have the same drop down but for me it’s the musical note (media), not the bell (ringtone) that is active.

I’ve tried a couple of other games and the media slider shows for them so there must be something that determines which one you get.

This seems to be a minor difference between debug and release builds. The release build displays the media slider as expected :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, really? That’s weird… @Mathias_Westerdahl, any idea why?

Huh, seems strange. I cannot think of anything right off the top of my head that would cause that. We’ll have a quick look and see if we can come up with an idea tomorrow.