#MadeWithDefold Jam 2023

I really feel like stretching the engine, but I guess it’s out of my lack of knowledge :sweat_smile:

I have a crash that appears after some time of gameplay (Linux, 1.4.6 beta):

_crash.zip (1.0 KB)

Day 5 and paper sheets to collect are there (+ further optimizations!)

Callstack from the attached crash:

/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x67fdf5]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x14420) [0x7f933d906420]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0xcb) [0x7f933d3ef00b]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x12b) [0x7f933d3ce859]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x22729) [0x7f933d3ce729]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x33fd6) [0x7f933d3dffd6]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x67038b]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x45ad90]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x669558]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x458c93]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x42ea6f]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x452e16]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x42ea6f]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x414891]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x414ec5]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x41148f]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x4113f5]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf3) [0x7f933d3d0083]
/home/pjarosz4/Desktop/witchcrafter/build/x86_64-linux/dmengine() [0x41123e]

It looks like this is a crash from a release build. Can you either share debug symbols or share a crash from a debug build?

Today added mobile input and a fixed flashlight on mobile. This weekend should be productive, there are a lot of things to do:)

Multitouch worked good on android build. And mobile chrome. But mobile firefox have problems(can’t move and rotate camera at same time) :frowning:

8 Likes

Last day and few hours!

Added sounds, few more models and a lot of scripts for handling it all! :smiley:

11 Likes

Okay, the Infinity Gameplay for me is… documentation.
So, here a several articles I did for community:

I wanted to publish it with the next Druid release, but lack of time and Druid update will be later.

Made for Defold Jam 2023 :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Missed all week, I think. But made the auto-tiling algorithm yesterday. I hope to have time to improve the generation, add snapping, merging and some visual audio effects.

Along the way I also tried a new code editor - Zed, very pleased with it. Some things are still missing, such as language settings for custom file extensions (*.script and etc.), but I’m sure it will come soon.

8 Likes

Finish Infinity Stairs game.:sunglasses:
You can play.Also source code is available:
Play
Sources

11 Likes

It was interesting. First time use trenchbroom. Liked it.
Game small, you can finish it in 2-3 minutes:)

2 Likes

@Pawel
Something with options(new, improved). When submit i have 2 options with empty labels. I think first was new, and i choose right)
Also in game page this is empty

3 Likes

Thank you, I didn’t realise it :smiley: It doesn’t matter though, I think, the prizes are for both new and improved, so next time I just remove it totally :wink:

2 Likes

Auto-tiling, docking and merging is ready. One day left, will try to add animations and sounds.

9 Likes

Entry submitted – Motamo the manager robot

Submission Link

My take on “infinity” is that demand is always changing.

This is my first game/art project ever, and I’m glad to share it with the Defold community. There are fairly novel mechanics in addition to a familiar farm/gather mechanic. Clarity and ease of understanding were aggressively abandoned due to misreading the submission deadline, so please feel free to ask for clarification.

12 Likes

Just submitted my project Polyroids (a portmanteau of Polygon and Asteroids)

It is an infinite 3d asteroid game. The goal pretty simple. Dodge and blow up asteroids to gain gold. Every 60 seconds, spend gold on ship upgrades.

This was my first game in Defold, and I was very pleased with the engine.

10 Likes

Last 12 hours! :stopwatch:
Prepare your submissions! DM if there will be any issues or for late entries! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Submitted my horror game (and I will be fixing bugs up to midnight!)

9 Likes

Submitted! Infinite gameplay here is limited by the magic number 32765, due to lack of optimization :grin:

I wish there were little people running around, building houses, getting resources, fishing, trampling roads. But apparently not this week :open_hands:.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for such an amazing event! Congratulations to all the participants! :partying_face:

And you can still DM me for late entries! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

Voting periods now last for 3 days, up to Friday 16:00 CET, take your time to enjoy the entries and don’t forget to leave a vote! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just finished playing and rating all of submissions. Congrats and great job everybody!

7 Likes

Your submission looks great and I wanted to play, but it halt my entire macos because of the ram failure. Seems like it has a serious memory leak(or something). I never ever had to hard reset my computer before :slight_smile:

1 Like