"Made with Defold" images

Hey! After some internal (thanks, @Oleg_Pridiuk) and external (thanks, @pkeod) pressure, I put together some quick n’ dirty “Made with Defold” images you can use, if you want to.

defold-logos.zip (1.8 MB)

And a bonus: some pointers on what to do and what not to do with the Defold logo.

13 Likes

deflol

Which does this go under, please do or please don’t?

trll

6 Likes

You’re right in that Comic Sans is acceptable, but—and this is important—ONLY if used together with the Cage flavour of the logo.

logo-cage

19 Likes

Rarely do you see such beauty on internet forums. I’m rocked to my core and touched in my soul.

6 Likes

Q8qj8

NEVER ROTATE THE LOGO

6 Likes

Is it ok to animate the logo (eg. rotating it, mixing with the shape ) but that it always ends up in an allowed state?

4 Likes

Where can I acceptably tattoo the defold logo?

6 Likes

Just briefly, on this note. Blue logo vs. multicolored logo vs. monochrome logo. Which is preferred?

2 Likes

You must’ve read my mind. I was just thinking about this yesterday. I never even thought about cases in which not to use the Defold logo. Good to know!

2 Likes

Definitely! Sven’s working on some cool stuff with this, as well.

I’d say it’s which one you yourself prefer, tbh.

1 Like

I’m 100 miles away from needing this, but just curious how the team would feel about custom logo (colours, font, resolution (pixels!), etc) that suits the flavour and content of the game. Complete no-no, or submit for official approval before publishing?

In the original post Axel showed examples of what you can and cannot do with the logo. He showed two examples of themed use:

Check the original post for more examples of do’s and dont’s.

While I’m no lawyer nor brand expert, I’d say the two examples Björn posted opens up for some wiggle room when it comes to being creative with the logo—while trying not to depart too much from the brand, of course.

@connor.halford, for example, made a pixelated Defold logo, which I definitely think was a good call—having the original vectorised logo would’ve clashed too much with the rest of the aesthetics.

But just talk to us if you have any doubts, I’m sure we can work it out together :+1:

9 Likes