Ludum Dare 44

It’s less than 24 hours until the start of Ludum Dare #44. There’s still a little bit of time to vote for a theme. We hope to see some cool Defold games shipped! Good luck if you’re participating!

PS Don’t forget the #gamejams channel on Slack!

11 Likes

I’ll join!

5 Likes

i’m in, as always.

6 Likes

I’ll try too! :smiley:

4 Likes

Reporting for duty! o7

5 Likes

Theme permitting, I’ll be making something with Defold.

3 Likes

so @sven had an idea that I can’t wait to share. What if we letsplay the top5 LD44 games #MadeWithDefold?
So instead of one creepy guy playing the game (like with UDGJ1, see below), there’d be many famous names from the forum having fun with your craft?

5 Likes

Nice idea. More players, more fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great idea! It’s always insightful to watch others play a game you’ve made. I often submit my games to various streamers for this reason.

3 Likes

Aaaah, missed that it is LD this weekend!
… Now I’m considering cancelling all my weekend plans and join you guys.

… wonder if my wife approves

9 Likes

My wife hates LD even more than my musical exercises. But i was a good boy this week, so, i hope, she will be more loyal this time :smiley:

10 Likes

Inspired by @britzl post here, I will give a try this time, with a very small scope.

6 Likes

3 hours to start

I’ll be using Defold only! :smiley: I want to create a simple, yet awesome game out of one 1x1 image. Can’t wait to see a theme, but anyway I wish it’ll be Risky powerups or Ridiculously Overpowered :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. I’m trying to record my screen, so I could create a Video later, I’ll see what it’ll be like :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m going to try to make a visual novel with Defold based on whatever theme gets picked. :innocent:

2 Likes

“Your life is your currency” is the theme!

2 Likes

How about a VN story about a cat who has to decide if and how she gives up her nine lives to save others? I bet lots of people will use the cat nine lives general idea though.

3 Likes

I would rather think that people will drain player’s health, which is more, I would say, fluid (more HP) to perform some actions. You quantization to nine lives seems to be even more restricted :smiley:

2 Likes

Well this is very similar to the main mechanic in Fates of Ort (“your life is mana”), so maybe I’ll just finish and ship that during the weekend :wink:

8 Likes

A slight correction - it’s “Your life is currency”, it doesn’t say you are in any way allowed to spend it =P

Anyway, no ideas spring to my mind immediately, but I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

2 Likes

Got an idea and I’m gonna run with it.

You’ve been locked up for tests in a top-security government lab because of your ‘special’ abilities, one of which is being able to leave your physical body in ethereal form. You want to escape, obviously. Your physical and ethereal forms have different abilities, so both are needed to get past the various locked doors, hazards and guards etc. However, and this is the theme part, your life decreases when you’re away from your physical body so you must limit time spent in ethereal form.

Sounds daft and complicated when I write it all down like that but it should be straight forward enough in game form.

5 Likes