Luac not bundled in bundle (DEF-3824)

In my project there is a lua, ui_utils.lua, will be referenced from main.collection and another collection that is excluded, when bundle process finished, I checkout the report.html and cannot found ui_utils.luac

I try to create a simple project to repeat this problem, but everything went well in simple project.

How do you require the module?

this is main.collection, debug_view.gui_script require ui_manager.lua, and ui_manager.lua require
button.lua, and button.lua require ui_utils.lua
and scheduler.collection is excluded, ui_utils.lua also required indirectly from scheduler.collection

Maybe I have to send my original project to you to debug this issue.

@gerrykwok7 Please share the line of code where you require ui_utils.lua. If you do not require it or require it in an unsupported way* it will not get included in the application bundle.

• = Unsupported way:
    local ui_utils = require("ui" .. "_utils")

This is how I require the module.
main.collection -> debug_view.gui -> debug_view.gui_script -> ui_manager.lua -> button.lua -> ui_utils.lua

Hmm, is the bundled project working or is it actually missing that file or is it just the build report that is wrong?

It crashed on Android.

Later on, I will upload a sophisticated project to help you debug this issue

The zip of my project is 20.7MB large, and it is automatically canceled when uploading

plm0.zip (4.9 MB)

The Dependency is above. ui_utils.lua <- button.lua <- ui_manager.lua <- debug_view.gui_script <- debug_view.gui <- main.collection

Tried it locally here, and it definitely seems to have something to do with excluding collections with live update. Pinging @Johan_Beck-Noren :eyes:

scheduler.collection is excluded from main.collection

Added a issue for this so we can continue investigating; DEF-3824

Is this the same case like this post?