Issue exporting defold ios application

I have been trying to figure out how to export my defold game to ios. I am running defold on a macbook pro on macOS Catalina and whenever I try to export it, it gives me this error: “The publisher specified is not supported”. I generated a provisioning profile on the apple developer website and selected my iPhone developer ID.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Did you set up the .mobile provision through xcode?
Are you enrolled in the Apple Developers Program?

Yup I am a registered apple developer in the apple developer program. The mobile provision file I am using was directly generated on Apple’s website. I went to " Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" then “Profiles” and then registered a new provisioning profile under iOS app development.

Also wanted to add even when I untick the sign option, the same error occurs.

When you open keychain do your certificates / profiles you set up on the Apple developer site show up there?

When I open my keychain, I see “Apple Development: [my email] (identifier)” and I also also see the “iPhone Developer: [my email] (identifier)”. I do not see the provisioning profile in my keychain but it does not let me import the .mobileprovision file into my keychain.

Open xcode, there should be a screen in the settings/ options there where you can sync everything up. Profiles probably don’t need to show up in keychain I can’t remember at the moment, but letting xcode sync your info may help.

Hm okay do you mean in the Accounts tab the button named “Download Manual Profiles”? Don’t see a sync option but I could be missing it.

Just wanted to send an update about this issue. It seems like the cause for this had nothing to do with my signing certs. This was an issue with the “Live Updates” within Defold. I had a key configured incorrectly within the liveupdate.settings file. Make sure to check over that file if you are receiving the “The publisher specified is not supported” error. I would recommend that Defold would show that this error is coming from the liveupdate.settings file instead of just showing “Unknown source”.

Thank you for helping!

2 Likes

Oh, this sounds strange. Can you explain a bit more about what you had in your live update file?

Today I faced the same issue but for Android build. This old topic gave me a clue how to fix it.
It was really related to live update setting. I had this live update

After changing mode to ZIP I was able make android build.

p. s. I didn’t even want this live update :monkey_face: