Is there any simple example to switch scenes?

Hello everyone,
I am new to Defold and trying to learn how to switch scenes. I have tried following a tutorial, but was ultimately unsuccessful.

and

I have created two collection
level1.collection and level2.collection

and add the collectionproxy to try to make level1 collect the level2

but it displays Cyclic resource dependency detected error, can’t build the game

when I delete the collectionproxy object and create
/main/switch_level1_to_level2.script and put it on level1.collection

function init(self)
msg.post("#level1", “load”)
–msg.post("#level1", “unload”) – <11>
–msg.post("#level2", “enable”) – <12>
end

it display ERROR:GAMEOBJECT: Component ‘/go#level1’ could not be found when dispatching message ‘load’ sent from main:/go#loader

What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

You need to have a main (or root) collection that is always active. You can then load and unload your other collections from that.

1 Like

Thank you for reply
I have created the main collection, but still not work for me.

switch_main_to_level1.script
function init(self)
msg.post("#level1", “load”)
msg.post("#level1", “enable”)
end

it displays error
ERROR:GAMEOBJECT: Component ‘/go#level1’ could not be found when dispatching message ‘load’ sent from main:/go#switch_main_to_level1
ERROR:GAMEOBJECT: Component ‘/go#level1’ could not be found when dispatching message ‘enable’ sent from main:/go#switch_main_to_level1

What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

All of the proxies for your levels should be in main.collection. It doesn’t make sense to have the level 1 proxy inside level 1, the level can’t load itself!

2 Likes

You will also need to wait for the collection to finish loading before enabling it:

function on_message(self, message_id, message, sender)
	if message_id == hash("proxy_loaded") then
		msg.post(sender, "enable")
	end
end
2 Likes

Thank you for reply, it worked for me

Thank you for reply,
it worked for me now

Happy to hear that it works now. I suggest that you go back and study the example again

You will see in the example that there is a proxy.collection which references all of the collections that you need to load and unload. Also there is a controller.script which is responsible for loading and unload collections. The script is also waiting to the collection to load before enabling it, like suggested by Ben.