Is it a bug on Defold 1.7.0 with websocket extension?

Today I tried Build HTML on Defold 1.7.0 and it raised this error

com.defold.extender.ExtenderException: Error in 'websocket/ext.manifest': Invalid flag - 'linkFlags': '-lwebsocket.js'
	at com.defold.extender.ExtensionManifestValidator.validate(ExtensionManifestValidator.java:124)
	at com.defold.extender.Extender.loadManifests(Extender.java:2025)
	at com.defold.extender.Extender.<init>(Extender.java:291)
	at com.defold.extender.Extender.<init>(Extender.java:295)
	at com.defold.extender.AsyncBuilder.asyncBuildEngine(AsyncBuilder.java:100)
	at com.defold.extender.AsyncBuilder$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$3a887347.invoke(<generated>)
	at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:218)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:783)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:163)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.proceed(CglibAopProxy.java:753)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.AsyncExecutionInterceptor.lambda$invoke$0(AsyncExecutionInterceptor.java:115)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

I didn’t see this error on 1.6.x

What is your websocket extension version? Releases · defold/extension-websocket · GitHub

It’s the latest, I think so
“https://github.com/defold/extension-websocket/archive/master.zip”

It seems the extension has been updated recently. That may the cause.

Yes, t was update to be comparable with Defold 1.8.0 so you can’t use it with older Defold version.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try a older version then

Now I use this “https://github.com/defold/extension-websocket/archive/refs/tags/3.2.0.zip” but there’s another error

em++: error: '/opt/platformsdk/emsdk-2.0.11/node/12.18.1_64bit/bin/node /opt/platformsdk/emsdk-2.0.11/upstream/emscripten/src/compiler.js /tmp/tmp6a32mvjy.txt' failed (1)

I don’t know if it’s still related to websocket extension or any others

Which version of Defold and which build server are you using?

I’m using Defold 1.7.0 on Windows and default build server of the editor (I dont know what it is)

There’s only an error in the previous my reply

This error is related to these 3 extensions which has been updated recently for Defold 1.8.0 compatible

I think I should have habit of using release tags rather than archive/master.zip from now :slight_smile:
But do we have any informs which extensions need to change version when upgrading to Defold 1.8.0?

1 Like

If a Defold version requires updates to extensions we try to do it ahead of time, and release the new extensions with a not such as “Updated to support Defold x.y.z”. Example:

If you rely on certain extensions I recommend that you 1) depend on a specific version and not master/main and 2) that you watch those repositories for updates (About notifications - GitHub Docs)

1 Like

For me, it’s ok but it would be great if we have a way to detect and inform which well-known extensions is not compatible or showing warnings for the current upgraded version. For example adding version to ext.manifest could help :smiley: