iOS app distribution services

We use Github Actions to do continuous builds for iOS, but we don’t have a great way to distribute those builds to the team.
I’d like to use something like App Center, but it’s hard to integrate with Github - the available Github Actions in the marketplace only run on Linux as they require Docker, but we have to use a MacOS instance to build the game.
Can anyone recommend a different service that offers an API for uploading builds?

Doesn’t Testflight have an API for uploads?

Yes but it’s quite inflexible. We use Git Flow and have a lot of feature branches. With our Unity projects we use their Cloud Build system and programmatically create a config for each branch. The team can access builds of each branch, clearly labelled.
TestFlight is more geared towards a linear progression of a single thing.
I also prefer to manage provisioning via device UDIDs, rather than having to add every user to our Apple developer account.

You can upload the build somewhere, and then the next build step downloads it again and publishes it?

1 Like

I’ve managed to get App Center working, by installing the App Center CLI tools with npm. The existence of App Center actions in the Github Actions marketplace had led me to think it would be more difficult than that!

1 Like