I think the Asset portal should be more like a real store website, I mean like these:
- each asset belongs to a user and with clicking on the user you can see that person other assets
- adding screenshots of asset
- ability for someone to comment on an asset
- rating system can improve instead of just relay on GitHub star
- Defold official assets can have separate grouping as other users assets
- more filters like sorting and ordering
- integrated changelog, more description, etc.
Defold assets are heavily relying on GitHub or similar git hosting areas so asset portal as it is just like a place to link to those, this can be enough maybe and move managing several things work on each person’s repo, like issues, releasing, etc. but I think the asset portal as it is, is maybe confusing to more amateur developers and from the point of attracting outside attention I thing it lacks a little and it’s more comfortable with medium to advanced developers.