If you have a Mac and active App Store membership please test codesign with guest account

Where did you get stuck when trying? Did the application loader not accept the game?

No, everything upload wise worked. Apple rejected it because of a sandbox violation? I had the sandbox stuff setup properly as far as I could tell from online guides.

Edit: Looking at the error I got the last time it was this.

ā€œA sealed resource is missing or invalidā€ - Do you have any filenames containing weird characters?

ā€œUnsealed contents present in the bundle rootā€ - Could this be FMOD banks?

This!!! FMOD banks should be in Contents/Resources, not directly in bundled_resources root on macOS. You can duplicate them for each platform (git probably de-duplicates files, so wouldnā€™t take too much repo space) or write a script that puts them in the appropriate dir for each platform before bundling (what we do in Interrogation).

3 Likes

I changed it so the folder structure is like so and updated code. Game works with FMOD working when ran before signing.

I followed https://defold.com/manuals/macos/ with some modifications noted below.

Iā€™m able to sign, make pkg, and upload.

What am I doing wrong?

The game launches before I codesign, but after it crashes. This happens only after adding the sandboxing to the entitlements. Without sandboxing, I can run and play fine, but I cannot pkg/upload that to Mac App Store.

Termination Reason:    Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1

One difference between the current doc codesign step and one I did before was ā€œ3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Your Team Nameā€ does this matter or is it only the identity that matters?

Iā€™m going to submit the build I uploaded today even though it doesnā€™t run locally and see what happens.

These are the extra steps I am taking:

Before doing codesign edit the Info.plist to add an app category

For example,

<string>public.app-category.card-games</string>

Make sure the Bundle name is the name of your game

Edit the entitlement.plist to add sandboxing

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
  <dict>
    <key>com.apple.security.cs.allow-jit</key>
    <true/>
    <key>com.apple.security.cs.allow-unsigned-executable-memory</key>
    <true/>
    <key>com.apple.security.cs.allow-dyld-environment-variables</key>
    <true/>
    <key>com.apple.security.app-sandbox</key>
    <true/>
  </dict>
</plist>

Then codesign

codesign --force --sign ā€œDeveloper ID Application: Devnameā€ --options runtime --deep --timestamp --entitlements entitlement.plist ā€œGame.appā€

Now you need to create a pkg

Get your developer ID from your Keychain it looks like this: DZ2-------

productbuild --component "Game.app" /Applications --sign DEV_ID_HERE Game.pkg

Now you can upload with Application Loader.

Or rather I will not submit build as it failed with signing. Iā€™ll compare old steps I did before that got past this pointā€¦

Edit

Trying to submit with these

codesign --force --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Name" --entitlements entitlement.plist "Game.app" --deep

productbuild --component "Game.app" /Applications --sign DEV_ID --product "Game.app/Contents/Info.plist" Game.pkg

These ones worked

2020-01-14%2017_20_02-App%20Store%20Connect

Already reviewed! And it failed.

Hereā€™s the old failure after submission (the errors I posted previouslyā€¦ I am pretty sure I did move the files into the right folder before but discarded them since they didnā€™t help with the review only with uploading).

Hereā€™s the message today

Once againā€¦ pleaseā€¦ someone try this process and see if you can get a build actually approved by Apple to go live. :sob:

I looked at the error again and noticed there was another section on private symbol usage.

Guideline 2.1 - Performance

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on Mac running macOS 10.15.2.

The app displays an error message on launch.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

Guideline 2.5.1 - Performance - Software Requirements

Your app uses or references the following non-public APIs:

Found private symbol usage:
__dyld_find_unwind_sections

The use of non-public APIs is not permitted on the App Store, because it can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change.

We are constantly reevaluating and identifying non-public APIs that you may have been using for an extended period of time. You should always use public APIs and frameworks and ensure they are up-to-date to prevent this issue in the future.

Next Steps

If you are using third-party libraries, please update to the most recent version of those libraries. If you do not have access to the librariesā€™ source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the ā€œstringsā€ or ā€œotoolā€ command line tools. The ā€œstringsā€ tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and ā€œotool -ovā€ will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These tools can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

Continuing to use or conceal non-public APIs in future submissions of this app may result in the termination of your Apple Developer account, as well as removal of all associated apps from the App Store.

Resources

If there are no alternatives for providing the functionality your app requires, you can use Feedback Assistant to submit an enhancement request.

If you are unable to reproduce this issue, ensure you are testing the exact version of the app that you submitted for review, and that youā€™re doing so in a minimally privileged environment. See Technical Q&A QA1778: How to reproduce bugs reported against Mac App Store submissions.

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Technical Note TN2123 - CrashReporter.

Please see attached screenshot for details.

1 Like

We use libunwind to get proper call stacks and crash related information. @JCash, ideas?

Created Issue-4625 to track this. @JCash is trying to solve it.

1 Like

I will make a vanilla engine game soon and submit it to verify nothing else is blocking submission.

1 Like