After playing a lot more with animations (both sprite and properties) I’m really missing a whole timeline editor!
It would really help to:
- keyframe sprite animation so that you can have per image timing, rather than duplicate image frames to get the same effect
- expanding the particle curve editor, you could create custom easing curves easily (and preview those in the editor!)
- and why not add event keyframes on a separate track, to emit messages or call functions (hello precise footstep sounds!)
- by creating a proper hierarchy of game objects you could animate a whole character (there’s a lot you can do with hierarchy animation before having to rely on Spine)
- guis animation would become a breeze!
It seems to me that quite a lot of this functionality (other than frame events) is already in the engine itself but the user facing part is missing.
I guess you guys should create a “rant” category, so that I can post my late night rants there