I can't seem to set a font shadow and maybe a font bug

Hello,

I’ve got a Kenny TTF font that I can set the outline edge on fine, but I can’t seem to get a shadow to display. I’ve taken the font settings from here Font
Also, if I make a change to the font, save it and one of the 2 text nodes I’m using says it can’t find the font, even though when I build and run, the font displays. If I restart Defold all is well.

I’ve made a video of what this all looks like. Apologies for the sound, I used EZ Vid and I don’t have a blank soundtrack.

Here’s the video… Watch Me

Thanks,

David…

1 Like

Oh, the shadow rendering is disabled by default in the shader for performance reasons. If anyone has a shader that renders shadows, please post it (I’m on vacation). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah right, no problem. Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working shader is here How font cache works

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

Did you watch my video? Do you know why the message can’t find font is displayed?

(I’m not talking about the font shadow)

David…

It’s probably some kind of reference error in the editor when you change things. The preview in the viewport in the editor has different rules than compared to how things are rendered in game.

Can you reproduce the steps to get the error to appear? Maybe record a video too of you doing the steps and showing the error? You say restarting Defold makes it go away? What about closing the GUI file and reopening it?

Ah right, ok. It will be a while before I can test it again.