I have a tool used for syncing animations with music built in defold and installed on a raspberry pi. It’s the latest model with the highest spec:
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- 64bit OS
And I am trying to run a very simple app - no ray tracing, no particle effects, no dependencies etc. The largest sprites are around 1024 by 1024, moving with go.animate.
- Hardware acceleration is enabled in Chromium (I believe that hardware acceleration is not available in opera, so I am going to stick to Chromium)
- I’m using simplehttp server
- I’m on a release build.
- I have tried 30fps and 60fps
Any my symptoms are:
- noticeable jerky animations
- the performance tool provided by chromium says that I am getting a dropped frame every 3 - 4 frames.