HTML5 bundled application error on loading! (SOLVED)

Hi!
I’m new to Defold! It seem to be a very nice game engine.

I’m having trouble to build and run HTML5 applications.

I have just started a new project from the “Platformer template” and I tried to build an HTML5 version.

build

Then I uploaded the whole game on Github Pages and here you can see the not working result:
https://wootr0p.github.io/prototypes/platformer_game/index.html

As you can see there are some error appearing in the console windows of the browser (I’m using Firefox but I have problems also with other web browsers).

I dont think can be a GitHub Pages related problem because also locally on my computer with Chrome, launched with parameter “–allow-file-access-from-files” for test WebGL builds, doesn’t work (with Unity WebGL build work instead).

If can be useful these are the size and files of the build:

Do you know what can be?

I just want underline that I have made no changes to the platformer template.
I’m using Defold 1.2.177.
Thanks!

In release mode, the logging is disabled. You might see something more if you use a debug build

2 Likes

It looks similar to the problem myself and many others had in the past: App crashes during HTML5 bundle load - "Unexpected Data Size" (SOLVED)

Check out that thread. If you’re running Windows, this may be an issue with line endings. Fixing your line endings may fix the loading screen.

3 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:
It was the line endings problem… sorry for the doubled thread!

Locally it still not work, because is another problem I guess, but it does not matter!
My objective was to be able to upload and share something! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your help! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good to hear that you managed to solve the problem. This has been added to the HTML5 part of the FAQ and the HTML5 manual (will be visible in a minute or two):

3 Likes