How to make a mobile game

i am trying to make a mobile game just a simple game to make money to invest in my big project so please give me a mobile game tutorial i know how to make a pc game but mobile game no so a tutorial would be great or source code of a game to read to know how i works

5 Likes

i dont know why but it didn’t work in episode 3

I think you are underestimating how difficult it is to make any serious money on a mobile game. The user acquisition costs are huge and you really need to spend a lot of time on polishing your core game and optimize for monetization.

This is a very very broad request. Defold is a cross platform game engine which means that you can write your code once and publish on all platforms. There are certain things to consider on mobile though:

• Portrait vs landscape - Players should be able to play your game in portrait mode if possible
  • Core game loop - Players will usually play a mobile game for shorter periods of time. Optimize your game loop for this scenario.
  • Controls - if your game supports mouse input it will immediately also work with touch input on mobile
  • Analytics - Make sure to integrate an analytics service to learn more about your users. Check Firebase Analytics for instance
  • Monetization - Use in-app purchases and/or ads. Check the Monetization category of our asset portal for various alternatives.
    • Google for “mobile game monetization” to learn about the latest trends and best practices.
13 Likes

You may want to consider starting out by releasing an early version of your game on Itch, Poki and/or other web platforms. I would imagine that you’re more likely to get someone playing it there, and with their feedback (from comments or analytics), you can iterate on your game until you feel it’s good enough to release on mobile.

3 Likes

Everyone underestimates this aspect (except for the experts), user acquisition has become terribly difficult and unstable on mobile…

I was wondering: are there other platforms/ways to monetize games (small or “medium-sized”) in a somewhat reliable and consistent manner? (even without earning millions)

Does anyone here have experiences with HTML5 games that were “decently” monetized?

1 Like

There are plenty of developers on this forum and on Discord that successfully launch profitable web games on Poki, Crazygames and Game Distribution. The trick to success is to analyse the market and build the kind of games that are popular on these platforms and analyse successful competitors’ games.

4 Likes