How to change minimum iOS version? (DEF-2598)

I am making an extension that wants iOS 8.0 as a minimum version
ld:embedded dylibs/frameworks are only supported on iOS 8.0 and later

I’ve tried specifying miphoneos-version-min=8.0 inside ext.manifest, but Defold didn’t like it saying it’s an unsupported flag.

I’ve also tried using custom Info.plist file, while I couldn’t find the right way to specify it in Editor 2, I was able to get the template from Editor 1 and manually adjusting game.project file to set it. Changing MinimumOSVersion there also didn’t have an effect.

So how can it be changed?

1 Like

Hmm, this is a question for @Mathias_Westerdahl

Yes, that is currently unsupported, but we have a ticket for it: DEF-2598
Also, we don’t currently support shared libraries, which is ticket DEF-2732 (I’ve heard it’s not allowed on iOS?)

3 Likes

Dynamic libraries and frameworks got allowed since iOS 8.0.
Does it seem like an easy fix to allow setting minimum os version?

1 Like

It could be, but we haven’t looked into it yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like here is the same issue Defold 1.2.141 has been released

Is there any update on this topic? I’d like to use an iOS framework that was build for iOS 9 in Defold, but I can’t. I get this error when I try to create an iOS bundle: “… was built for newer iOS version (9.0) than being linked (8.0)”

No new news unfortunately.
I can’t give an ETA either I’m afraid.

:frowning: I’m working on a TensorFlow Lite NE for Defold and the framework is built for iOS 9. I tried to re-build it myself for iOS 8, but the library didn’t work. Here’s the topic: DefTensor – TensorFlow Lite Native Extension

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to change requirements for Minimum version of iOS in AppStore