How to change FPS of an animation, in runtime? (DEF-2249) (SOLVED)

Is there a possibility to change Properties of an animation in an atlas dynamically in the script? For example - can I change Fps in runtime? I’m looking for that kind of solution because a workaround with changing animation to the one that is the same but has different Fps is resulting with the animation playing from the beginning at different Fps, which is unwanted in my case - maybe do you have any other idea?

No, I’m afraid not. We have a ticket for exposing an animation cursor that can be animated and in other ways manipulated with code. I mentioned it here: Pixel Art Witchcrafter - RPG Puzzle Story I’m currently battling with priorities and while this feature is useful there are other features that I believe would have a larger impact. I will make sure that we start a timeboxed investigation the next sprint to better understand the complexity of this feature.

Ok, I didn’t want to mention this cursor again :smiley: yes, for me it could be useful in many, many ideas I have, so, if possible, please inform about this :wink: and if thinking about solutions, do you think creating a “flipbook” in update function, where I can control dynamically dt between showing next frames sorted in some atlas full of animations containing one frame each - is a good idea or a waste of time (taking into consideration probably bad performance)?

You could definitely implement flipbook animations on your own using Lua, single images and sprite.play_flipbook(). This could be done either in the update() function or perhaps using a system based on timer.delay().

1 Like

This is DEF-2249. We do have an old-semi-finished implementation that we will pick up again and see if we can ship. No promises yet though!

1 Like

Released in 1.2.151

1 Like