How to bundle for iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 3rd gen)

Hello, I have an old iPad (3rd gen, 32bit processor (I believe)) with iOS 9.3.5 which I would like to use during development.

I can build an app with Xcode 11.3.1 and install it on the said iPad and it runs.

I have Defold 1.4.1 and bob.jar from the 1.4.1 release.

When I try to create a bundle like this:
java -jar bob.jar --platform armv7-ios -v clean build --with-symbols --variant debug --archive bundle --bo bundle_ios --identity “Apple Development” --mp ./resources/ios/embedded.mobileprovision

I get:
Platform armv7-ios not supported
com.dynamo.bob.CompileExceptionError: Platform armv7-ios not supported
at com.dynamo.bob.Project.getPlatform(Project.java:838)
at com.dynamo.bob.Bob.mainInternal(Bob.java:731)
at com.dynamo.bob.Bob.main(Bob.java:886)

I am trying “armv7-ios” because it’s mentioned on the “Bob the builder” manual page (Defold project builder manual).

Digging through BOB source code I found that for iOS I might need to specify “arm64-ios” instead of “armv7-ios”, if I do that then bundling succeeds and I end up with an .ipa file.

When I try to install that .ipa file on my iPad (using Xcode) the files end up being transferred to the iPad, but it fails in the end with some generic message (something like “app could not be installed”).

My guess is that this has to do with “arm64-ios” setting implying a 64 bit build.

Is there a way to bundle for 32 bit iOS while still using Defold 1.4.1 features?

You have to use an older Defold version. Maybe Defold 1.2.192 would work.

Nope. We are not line supporting 32bit and old iOS versions.