How do I program a Bluetooth multiplayer game

can anyone help on how to program Bluetooth multiplayer game using defold, something people can play locally without internet

0 Likes

Through a native extension you could create one. Problem is Bluetooth across platforms has been messy. You could find a c or c++ library that works on MacOS, Windows, and Linux, but also adding in iOS, Android and Web is a whole other issue.

1 Like

We do not support Bluetooth. You can add support for Bluetooth using a native extension, but it is going to require quite a bit of work.

2 Likes

I have seen some game which is based on bluetooth connectivity. These games does not need wifi to run because they are multiplayer games. I do not actually recall the name of that game but it was a badminton game. The problem that I faced is that when two player play the game the score does not sync with both the device. It lags, do you know what the problem might be?.

0 Likes

Do you know any other way by which this program can be build?, it is because using a native extension means doing a lot of work. This will be a serious waste of time and energy too for a simple program. Please let me know if there is some other way of doing it.

0 Likes

Yes, if you want Bluetooth support you need an extension.

If you need to create a multiplayer game you can use a client-server solution. For instance Colyseus.

0 Likes