How can I monetise my game using ads? (SOLVED)

I was eying defold from last two years but the thing which pulled me back using it was the involvement of king’s ownership. Now that is also gone so I will soon start using it.
The best thing which I noticed about this software is that the community is very vibrant. The only issue left for me is monetisation(it is not inbuilt) . Can someone add more info to it?
But again,I am very very happy regarding open sourcing defold :gift_heart:

5 Likes

Welcome! There is also this welcome mega thread Introduce yourself

What do you mean by monetization? There are various extension for supporting mobile ad networks for example. You can of course sell your Defold creations directly or with a service like Steam.

2 Likes

Actually I was talking about Google admob (but other will also be fine ):heart_eyes:

Admob support does indeed already exist! https://defold.com/assets/admob/

Others:

5 Likes

Oh my God !!! On the first day itself I got so much help. Thanks a lot
But still I have one concern left. These add-ons are not managed directly by the defold team and it creates concern that after a particular period the author of that particular add-on stops updating it. It will create problems for those who were using that add-on .
Please correct me if I am wrong

1 Like

Your both games were very beautiful.

Most of them have licenses which allow you to contribute, fork, and maintain your own versions. You can also create your own versions. We cannot expect the Defold team to do everything for us, the community must create and maintain the things we need too.

We made some versions of solitaire yes but I am not an immortal vampire originally from 17th century France I promise. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot

@Mayank_Thapliyal, so with AdMob - its author, @sergey.lerg is constantly updating it and he has even a Patreon to support his actions so I hope it will be updated for a long time :wink:

3 Likes

Do any of these work on html5?

What are the options for html5 monetization?

There are solutions for rewarded video on HTML5 available. You can also go the traditional route and put normal web ads around your game. :slight_smile: If you are publishing with a platform they probably have their own ad solution. Don’t forget to domain lock / embed block if you don’t want pirate sites to steal your monetization.

3 Likes