Hmtl error 410 plus other problems with html app on itch running on iOS Safari (closed)

Which model is it?

1 Like

Hello @britzl !

I will need to check the iOS version once more, but he updated the other day, so I gather it is the latest version. The phone is 5 years old and as of late has intermitting hick-ups with the touch screen.
Phone and owner are on a business trip, I will check the details and have a look at the settings once they are back.
When I ran the tests, there were no errors in the console apart from the 3 identical ones in the first post, popping up as soon as the Defold splash runs:

[Error] FS syncfs error: SecurityError: IDBFactory.open() called in an invalid security context
	(anonymous function) (dmloader.js:723)
	doCallback (Script Element 1:1:44755)
	done (Script Element 1:1:44853)
	(anonymous function) (Script Element 1:1:33512)
	(anonymous function) (Script Element 1:1:35060)
	getDB (Script Element 1:1:33788)
	getRemoteSet (Script Element 1:1:35003)
	(anonymous function) (Script Element 1:1:33462)
	getLocalSet (Script Element 1:1:34900)
	syncfs (Script Element 1:1:33389)
	(anonymous function) (Script Element 1:1:45008)
	forEach
	syncfs (Script Element 1:1:44933)
	preSync (dmloader.js:720)
	(anonymous function) (dmloader.js:782)
	Global Code (Script Element 1:1:263809)
	appendChild
	(anonymous function) (dmloader.js:190)
	onload (dmloader.js:91)
	onload (dmloader.js:36)

The html error 410 only appears when I try to run the 3d app with more than 80 textures in (all 1024x1024), in this case, the app does not load at all after the splash.
I’ll check the logs again once I can get hold of the phone.

It is an old one and maybe there is an issue with the GPU, WebGL and Safari?

Yes, this is some kind of privacy measure in Safari to prevent cross site tracking. The source of the error must be coming from the virtual filesystem provided by Emscripten so that we can save and load “files” (or data) in a browser:

I think the game should run despite this error?

1 Like

I agree, this could well be to do with the advanced age of the phone. But there could still be quite a few of those around on which the app wouldn’t display properly either, still posing a bit of a problem.

You are right, it does run when I remove a lot of textures - albeit the models rotated and with this funny perspective. I just posted the error because it is the only one thrown, nothing else to find in the console.

Anyway, thanks a lot for looking into this odd issue!

Finally, I got hold of the phone and checked once more. Here some info for those interested:
it is an iphone 6, 64 GB, software version 12.5.5. All experimental features are switched off. I get no errors in the console when the app runs.