Help me identify sound issue (DEF-2771)

I created a small project that demonstrate the sound issue I am stumbled upon.
If someone from Defold team can look into it, I am would greatly appreciated.
I expect what sound2 should not interfere with sound1, but it is. Is this a bug in Defold sound engine or I am doing something wrong?
master.zip (74.6 KB)

EDIT: I replicated this example with Apple SpriteKit SKAudioNode and it works as expected, without any glitches.

Hmm, yes, the less frequently playing sound seems to interrupt the other sound. I noticed that the two sounds had different sampling rates (22k vs 44k), but it didn’t really matter if I converted them so that they both were 44k).

I did however try with two other sounds, both a bit longer than the ones you used, and with those two sounds the results were good.

I’ve created a ticket for further investigation: DEF-2771

1 Like

Any news?. I think engine bugs and glitches should has higher priority than any editor issue.

I agree. We have two different teams working on Defold. One dedicated editor team and one engine team. Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) the engine team has been super busy with some large tasks (native extensions, improved 3D support, improved texture format support etc) so many minor issues have been left for some time now. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to close a bunch of smaller issues once people are back from vacation (no promises though).

3 Likes