Gui node on screen size

I’m building a 3-star system and my stars nodes on my gui does not want to reposition when I scale to full screen.

This is the mobile view:

mobile

This is full screen:

Do they all have the same anchor, pivot and adjust mode?

Yes the X anchor is set to None and the Y anchor is set to Top. Pivot is set to Center and Adjust mode is set to Fit for all stars nodes.

Hard to tell what’s wrong. Likely something in your view hierarchy. You want the stars to be at an equal distance from each other? Could you package it into a small project so that I can take a look?

I want to be able to reposition the stars based on each level by setting its position and when I resize to full screen the stars must also reposition accordingly. Here is a smaller version of the project.

Project.zip (350.4 KB)

You will see that if you resize the screen the stars stay in the middle.

Set the X Anchor to Left for all three of the stars. When you specify an X Anchor it will indicate that the system will keep the position from the left/right edge of the parent node or scene at the same percentage.

1 Like

So then I can just code it when the star node is more to the left or right it will set the X Anchor to left/right?

In this case it doesn’t really matter. Set all to left and then their relative distance to the left edge will remain the same regardless of window size.

2 Likes