Gui node on screen size

I’m building a 3-star system and my stars nodes on my gui does not want to reposition when I scale to full screen.

This is the mobile view:

mobile

This is full screen:

0 Likes

Do they all have the same anchor, pivot and adjust mode?

0 Likes

Yes the X anchor is set to None and the Y anchor is set to Top. Pivot is set to Center and Adjust mode is set to Fit for all stars nodes.

0 Likes

Hard to tell what’s wrong. Likely something in your view hierarchy. You want the stars to be at an equal distance from each other? Could you package it into a small project so that I can take a look?

0 Likes

I want to be able to reposition the stars based on each level by setting its position and when I resize to full screen the stars must also reposition accordingly. Here is a smaller version of the project.

Project.zip (350.4 KB)

You will see that if you resize the screen the stars stay in the middle.

0 Likes

Set the X Anchor to Left for all three of the stars. When you specify an X Anchor it will indicate that the system will keep the position from the left/right edge of the parent node or scene at the same percentage.

1 Like

So then I can just code it when the star node is more to the left or right it will set the X Anchor to left/right?

0 Likes

In this case it doesn’t really matter. Set all to left and then their relative distance to the left edge will remain the same regardless of window size.

2 Likes