Gui.glue(node,position)

gui.glue(node,position) would allow you to make a gui component and keep it in the same place, relative to world position, and would help build components such as tooltips, buttons, and menu’s in different ways.
I would like to use the gui function to build a tooltip. When the tooltip is created, I need it to stay relative to it’s position in the world, not to the camera. This way, the menu will stay over an object displaying it’s details and values. For instance, when I click on a tree, it will display it’s a pine tree with a certain amount of wood harvestable. Also built into the tooltip are two buttons, “chop” and “close”, hopefully self-explanatory.

gui.set_xanchor and
gui.set_yanchor

set the gui’s anchor relative to the screen resolution, but keep it glued to the camera position.

You can do this already via a custom render script and material attached to the gui scene with adjust mode set to disabled. Like this: https://github.com/britzl/publicexamples/tree/master/examples/gui_follows_go

4 Likes

It would be nice to be able to set the material and render properties into the GUI nodes themselves. That way you could clump all your GUI together without having to create a new scene.