Go.property resetting to default

I have a property in my game object that keeps resetting to its default.
Is there any action in the editor that would cause to property to be reset?
It’s not a big problem, more a nusiance but I would like to know what I’m doing so I can stop doing it!

reset

2 Likes

This happens to us when pulling on git with editor open sometimes.

1 Like

Let’s involve @mats.gisselson and @vlaaad here :slight_smile:

Further information: as @Pkeod suggested, this issue does appear to be associated with syncing a project. I have a collection containing some scripts with custom go.properties. After syncing that collection, the go.properties get reset to their defaults.

Good to know the repro case!
Please report this issue in editor2-issues, either directly or via the Editor.

I have go.properties reset to def when I edit the source game-object. Don’t sure if this the same case as yours, but very annoying! Was going to write about it on forum, but saw your post.

So, here I have a Can game object with sprite, collision-object and script on it, and in script there are some custom properties. I have levels as collections with Cans set in different states all over the levels. And when I edit collision-object properties of the Can GO - all custom properties reset to default.

Can this resetting be avoided? Imo it’s a wrong behaviour, but maybe this was done by demand and not by mistake.

3 Likes

Please add an issue for this as well!

2 Likes

I confirm that this happens but I don’t know how to reproduce it. It started when I cleared the Custom Editor field in Preferences, while still editing scripts in VSCode.

@sergey.lerg said here that it also happens when you use an external code editor.

Created an issue #5583.

1 Like