Following along tutorial gets me a black screen

Im following the " War battles tutorial", to a T.

At the " Add the map to the game", after Project>Build I get a black screen, no maps visible.

I try to add a player sprite (next tutorial step), Project>Build, now I see the map, but no player sprite.

What’s going on?

That sure sounds strange. Hard to say what is wrong or if maybe you missed a step or if there is an issue with the tutorial instructions. Could you please try to redo it and check if the same thing happens again?

Yes I did.

Got the latest version of Defold (windows), “open from tutorial”, follow the tutorial, build project → black screen.

I’m positive there’s an issue with the tutorial.

edit: “build html5” works and show the map

Sounds like a system graphics issue. Please share your hardware details and make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date.

|—|—|
|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ m3-6Y30 CPU @ 0.90GHz 1.51 GHz|
|Installed RAM|8.00 GB (7.90 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
Intel HD Graphics 515

Every driver’s up to date.

EDIT: if it’s just a hardware issue, how come the map becomes visible after I add the character sprite (next tutorial step)?

Would you mind zipping up the project, and posting it here, and we can see if we can find anything? (remove the build folder from the zip)

Ah, like I said in the other post, I already moved on to another engine: I deleted everything :frowning: