Fmod profiler

Our musician would like to use the fmod profiler to test and adjust the various sfx events he is creating. I see here: https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-studio?version=1.10&page=profiling.html that this should be possible with Unity and Unreal. Is it possible also with Defold? This would save us tons of time in iterations while preparing the sfx.

Thanks!

This should already be possible I think.

In your game.project

[fmod]
live_update = 1

Then FMOD Studio can connect to your game.

1 Like

Thanks! I am going to try this…

Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I get the error: Studio was unable to connect to “localhost” as a connection error occurred: Version Mismatch.

However the game is detected somehow; indeed, if the game is not running at all I get: socket error.

You should make an issue on the github for FMOD. https://github.com/dapetcu21/defold-fmod/issues

I’d guess the old FMOD Studio is supported but not the new version yet. I remember that it did work for me in the past but I only tested it before they did the major upgrade.

1 Like

You need to make sure you use the exact version of FMOD studio as the version of the FMOD engine the game uses (the latest release of defold-fmod uses 2.01.02).

4 Likes

@Pkeod and @dapetcu21: thanks so much!

Version 2.01.02 is an early access one. Is it fine to use in a released product?

The supported versions are listed under the releases here. Perhaps you can pick the one that you have?

1 Like

All 2.01.* fmod versions are early access and the last version of defold-fmod for 1.. is v1.0.5. But in this way one misses various bug fixings in defold-fmod.

Anyway, for fmod studio 2.01.02 live-update works fine!

We’ve been using it in Interrogation for a while and had no bug reports about sound, so I’d say it’s pretty stable. But point taken, I’ll try to keep away from early access next time I update the defold-fmod. The reason I had to do it was because Defold upgraded emscripten and the older HTML5 FMOD libs were compiled with an older version of emscripten, so they weren’t compatible.

3 Likes

@dapetcu21 thank you for your work about defold-fmod and for your support! and thanks for sharing your experience about Interrogation and fmod!

1 Like