First game problems

This is when bundling the application?
I would guess it’s an issue when getting resources from within dependencies.
@britzl, I’m guessing you have tried this before when testing it. How did you make it work then?

I’m actually not sure that I’ve tested this. The XOXO project exists in the same project.

We’ve seen the same problem with other assets right? Stuff that should end up in an Android bundle if I’m not mistaken.

@greaneagle As a workaround: Copy the file to somewhere inside your project and use that file instead.

Yes, it’s been reported on Windows
(However, this is not a new feature or bug)
I’ll add a ticket for it

EDIT: I added DEF-3236 for this

3 Likes

And until that is fixed, @britzl s workaround works. At least the build worked. :slight_smile:

@britzl after uploading to FB though did you ever get something like this with the XOXO test project?

The game is stuck at 0% loading…

You probably need to initialise the fbinstant SDK. Put this in the init() function of a script:

fbinstant.initialize(function(self, success)
    fbinstant.start_game(function(self, success)
       -- here you'd start your game when properly integrating instant games
    end)
end)
1 Like

That worked and now I have a game on facebook :slight_smile:

A simple project for testing, but it does work and is playable and other people can notice me playing.

@britzl I noticed that when using that, the game holds at 0% for a while then goes to 100% immediately.

Looking through the available functions here https://github.com/defold/extension-fbinstant/blob/master/README.md

I noticed this:

Should that be used somewhere to make the loading seem smoother?

1 Like

7 days, 399 views, 66 messages and you have a 3D game on FB instant games.
I’d say it is a decent result and a good example of how one approaches learning Defold.

Cheers to @greaneagle for being brave, vocal and active =]

3 Likes

This is discussed here: https://github.com/defold/extension-fbinstant/issues/26

It will be fixed soon.

3 Likes

I’ve tried to reproduce DEF-3236 on Mac and Win, and it looks like everything works fine now (Defold 1.2.147). Give me know pls if you reproduce this issue again.

1 Like