Facebook as an extension

The podfile seems to be ignored. Before I investigate further, is Cocoapod support available on build.defold.com or only build-stage.defold.com? I’m not sure which branch maps onto which server.

Correct, the functionality isn’t available yet, as it arrived after the last beta period started. Sorry for the confusion!
We will have a new beta server on monday (or sooner if @britzl releases one)

2 Likes

Indeed. My apologies! I mixed up our releases and thought we had this included in the last release. I will start preparing extensions this week so that they are ready for testing next week. I’ll include the Facebook extension in this work.

3 Likes

I saw the post about problems with Swift. Shall I proceed with a traditional (non-cocoapods) Facebook SDK upgrade or might Swift be supported soon?

1 Like

Yes, I think that will have to be our approach to this update until we make the required changes on the extender server.

I have a Draft PR but need someone to give me the Facebook Client Token for the sample project, to allow me to test the API features that our game doesn’t use.

1 Like

Sorry about the delay here @AarrrBee ! I’ll provide it later today.

1 Like

Added to the GitHub ticket!

1 Like

Hi. how to require facebook module in code, since it is not native extension.
im getting error “attempt to index global ‘facebook’ (a nil value)”
Defold 1.4.6
facebook-extension 7.2.0
@britzl

Since the facebook extension is only supported on iOS/Android, you should write your code like so:

if facebook then
    Do stuff
end

Hi. so this extension is not available on defold editor build?

Correct. The extension integrates the Facebook SDK for Android and iOS. And when you run your game using Project-Build it runs a desktop version of your game, for which there is no Facebook SDK.

1 Like