Excluding resources in web build

Hi there,

I have a series of folders in my project where I store reference and other type of work that I would like to be excluded from the build process.
I’ve added the folders to the bundle exclude portion but when I try to build HTML5 I’m getting an error for an unsupported file type from one of those folders.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I think if these files are not used in the project directly they won’t be bundled automatically.

In bob.jar, all files are compiled. And if you’re bundling (or building HTML5) from editor, you’re using bob.jar.

Bundle exclude resources, excludes files included by the Bundle resources

Afaik, we don’t have a way to not build certain folders (yet) with bob.jar.

Thanks Mathias, I’ll work around it for now.

1 Like

The files in those folders might get processed by the build process of the editor/bob but they will not get included in the bundle unless referenced in your game or included in either Custom or Bundle Resources.

I’m 110% sure those files are not used anywhere. They are mostly reference pulled from the internet as an inpiration.

The problem is that it only happens when I build for html5. Building for desktop or mobile works as expected.

And the problem is that the files are included in the files that end up in the output folder together with index.html and the other files?

Argh, I should read the post properly and look at the images before I start rambling. The problem you have is with some .jpg file in a folder in your project. I see. Yeah, kinda annoying that the files get processed.

I think maybe if you change folder name to something that begins with a dot, then bob/editor will ignore the content.

1 Like