ERROR:RESOURCE: Empty resource path (SOLVED)

I can’t start my project because i’m getting this error

INFO:ENGINE: Defold Engine 1.2.87 (ad5e4d8)
INFO:ENGINE: Loading data from: build/default
INFO:ENGINE: Initialised sound device 'default'

ERROR:RESOURCE: Empty resource path
WARNING:RESOURCE: Unable to create resource: build/default/board/gui/board.guic
WARNING:RESOURCE: Unable to create resource: build/default/board/board_generated_1.goc
ERROR:GAMEOBJECT: Could not instantiate game object from prototype /board/board_generated_1.goc.
WARNING:RESOURCE: Unable to create resource: build/default/board/board.collectionc
WARNING:SCRIPT: Failed to return http-response. Requester deleted?
1 Like

found the issue.
I was playing with fonts. and sims like i removed a created a new one with the same name. after that my gui lost links to font resources. which leaded to this issue

3 Likes

Excellent! The error message itself could be improved though. I’ve created a ticket to improve the message further but since it’s not a very critical issue it will take a while before we’ll see it implemented. DEF-2097

3 Likes

I’m getting this error ERROR:RESOURCE: Empty resource path and I really wish it would more descriptive because I’m not really sure where it is after doing a bunch of different work… Is there anywhere where the raw error information is saved in editor 2?

Adding a blank script to a GUI made error go away.

Oh, so Editor 2 gives this error if a .gui scene doesn’t have a script? That’s a bug. Would you mind reporting it?

Done https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/721

2 Likes

I’ve spotted that error recently and would like to ask if DEF-2097 to create a more informative description will be added?

I got this anonymous message now, and it turned out to be a model with the parameter “tex0” empty. The texture is set dynamically, so in my case this warning is redundant.

The issue is still in, can’t find to what I have missing resources set and a better description pointing out which file it regards, would be very useful. The linked issue above is in an archived repository - is there such issue reported in Defold repository?

I don’t think so. Great if you can add it!

2 Likes

My first issue is trying to reproduce this error message. Do you have clear steps to reproduce?