Editor Scripts and UI collection

Here I will be sharing my Editor Scripts and UI :slight_smile:

I invite you to also share yours, directly or link it here :wink:

Also, share your ideas and wishes on what can be added!

I didn’t want to hijack this awesome place with @Jerakin’s Editor Script, but I will link it here for references:

Source:

I put them in a single repository. You can use them all by linking as Dependency in Defold, or copy and paste the editor scripts you find useful.

The license is MIT.

Don’t forget to click ProjectReload Editor Scripts or a shortcut Ctrl+Shit+R or Cmd+Shit+R.

Scripts usage:

add-gui-script-for-gui

It creates a .gui_script file and links it to the given.gui file immediately (to Script property).

1. Right click on any .gui file in Assets.
  2. Select Add GUI Script.

It really rarely happens that you create a .gui component file without a .gui_script, so I hope it will be useful :wink: When it will be possible to add command to a menu when clicked on a directory - I will add a script that add both .gui and .gui_script files in it.

add-gui-to-collection

A more advanced version of the above functionality. It creates both .gui component and .gui_script files binded together and puts a game object with gui component with this gui directly in collection. It also has a UI popup, where you can type a name!

1. Right click on root in your collection Outline pane.
  2. Select Add GUI to collection.
  3. Type in a name and click Enter.
  4. Click Create.

Those scripts can be easily suited to your needs - try to check out the code - modify for example strings, names or contents of files that are created, etc. :wink:

6 Likes