Editor 2 - control home and if... end matching

Hi,

I’ve just started using Editor 2 :slight_smile: It’s taken me a while, as when I first tried it, my game crashed and I didn’t have enough enthusiasm to work out why. It was down to an animation having an end frame less than the start frame (Editor 1 didn’t mind that).
Liking it so far :sunglasses:

Anyway, 2 questions or 1 bug maybe and 1 question:

1. When I press control home in an script (on Windows 10) I’d expect the editor to go to the start of the file and it doesn’t. Should it?

2. (I may have asked this before, but can’t find it) Is there a plan to make Editor 2 highlight if … end and other code blocks, so I can work out in my scrawl which end matches which if :slight_smile:

Thanks,

David

1. No, in fact I’ve never heard of this hotkey before. It may just be that it’s uncommonly known. You should suggest it as a feature on github. https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues

2. Probably not, but again it would be a good suggestion as a feature on their github page.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll do that.

Control home & end and other shortcuts have been on Windows for as longer as I can remember. Not sure how long they’ve been used on KDE/KNOME.