Does Current Defold Save Game Data On HTML5 Version?

Hi,

After a terrible and unsuccessful attempt at using Unreal Engine 4, I found Defold engine.
My team makes simple 2-D cross-platform games and Defold looks like a great engine for this.

We may have more questions later, but here are our initial questions:
(1) Does current Defold save game data on HTML5 version?
(meaning if player closes their Web browser and then comes back to the game later the data is preserved?)
(2) We see that Defold utilizes a “Cloud” build system which is great for us cause we use Linux.
Does the HTML5 version build in the Cloud or is it locally built? (we would prefer locally built)
(3) Selling a game on the App Stores is impossible, does Defold support Android/iOS monetary advertisement systems?
(4) Can Defold cook me dinner? (a joke)

Please check out our company website below to see what we have done in the past…
Many thanks!

Jesse
www.FallenAngelSoftware.com

1 Like

I hope this is a stupid question, but can we build for Apple® iOS on the Linux editor?
(we have a MacOS VPS if necessary)

Thanks!

Jesse

Hi @jessepalser and welcome!

1. Yes, with the sys.save() function you can store data between sessions. Of course, if the user clears the data from the cache, it’s gone.

2. The cloud build system is only used if you add native extensions with C++/Objective-C++/Java code to your project. If you just use the standard engine, it’s prebuilt.

3. We have a few libraries on the asset store which will allow you to easily add ads support to your project.

4. You currently need a Mac to be able to bundle for iOS. We have a ticket for adding support to do it on other platforms but that’s not in our near future.

2 Likes

Ok, got it, thanks for the quick reply…

Jesse