Hi guys! Today I want to ask about Game analytics extensions. I noticed that there is not a wide selection for the Defold.
The last update of Google analytics was in 2019 and this extension uses an old ID format. Correct me if I’m wrong.
YaMetrica works well but it’s not very convenient for games, because this service is made for website analytics first.
GameAnalytics Yeah! A top candidate for your game. But last update was in 2022, it still doesn’t work on Apple M-series. And looks like it doesn’t have any alternative.
Firebase works only for mobile apps. Nakama is huge and paid. Bridge and GamePush are SDKs for game distribution, not for analytics.
So, I see a weak side here. Maybe it would be great to find some new services for analytics and make extensions for them. I did small research and find ByteBrew as an example.
What do you think? Am I wrong, or maybe I miss some good opportunity?